Tuesday 22 February 2011

Night time photography - tips for good Photography

Photography is all about light. I have been fascinated by night time photography and the way modern cameras can  measuring low light very accurate. I was recently in Liverpool taking photographs of the Albert Dock. The following picture took a 30 second exposure. That is to say the shutter doors inside the camera which protect the pixels from the light until you are ready to take a picture were open for half a minute. I had to stand the camera on a tripod to avoid camera shake blurring the picture.



I also like the effect such long exposures have on the street lights, spraying the light out, and the orange glow they give everything.



Why not look at your camera manual and see if their is a night setting or long exposure control and take some unusual night images of familiar or famous places.

Ideally you need a camera with manual setting so that you can control the aperture and the shutter and in a future post I will talk about these.


If you have followed any of these tips and taken a photograph I would love to see them, just tell me where I can view them onthe web, or email me them. Perhaps if I get enough I will create a gallery of all the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment