Saturday 5 May 2012

Vital equipment - a step ladder! - tips for good photography

What would I miss most between my new £1200 lens and my step ladder?


Well, I have other lenses in my bag and could work around not having the 24-70 zoom, not that I would want to as this lens gives me a wide aperture of f2.8 throughout the zoom creating lovely blurred backgrounds. However, for those group shots, and that slightly different angle, I would feel the loss of the step ladder was reducing my options! The ladder allows me to get people to look slightly upwards which not only gives a pleasant pose but stretches that neck a little improving the chin line for many people. I am also rather a short fellow at 5' 7" and for taller people just going up one step on the ladder can improve people posture and face position.


So if you have never thought of a step ladder as an important piece of photographic equipment try it out. You do not have to go to the top of the ladder, sometimes one step up is all you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment