Tuesday 12 April 2011

To print or not to print? - tips for good Photography

In preparing for a recent wedding fair I enlarged some of my pictures to 30 inches by 20 inches and and had them printed and mounted.


When I saw them for the first time out of the packaging a fresh sense of awe in how beautiful they were came over me. I look at images on a computer screen all day long and having a big image is essential to my work so I have a big monitor. But seeing them printed, and so large, made a big impression on me.


I have also made up many wedding albums, and mounted a number of images for clients, and again that feeling of pride in the finished presentation was very strong. Such images have great emotional meaning for me and the people involved, and I handle them with care, almost reverence.



So I believe that printing up our favourite images is very much worthwhile, but it has to be done well. I use professional laboratories who use the best printers and the best papers, and the results are worth it.

Why not take one of your own pictures, your best or your favourite, and have it enlarged to at least 10 inches by 8 inches and printed for high quality. Spend a little money on a decent mount and frame and then stand back - I would be very surprised if you do not also feel the same wave of pleasure that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment