Wednesday 4 January 2012

Always have your camera ready - Tips for good photography

Happy New Year!

Made a real effort this year to get out and about for the New Year, and went to see the London fireworks from the embankment. I had a great time with family despite the crowds, and the need to get there early for a good view.


While waiting some young men decided to entertain the crowd with some tree climbing antics. Having the camera ready and the flash on standby meant I could get these pictures. Also having secured the best view of the wheel we could the composition was also pleasing.


I did not actually take any pictures of the fireworks. I wanted just to watch them and be absorbed by the spectacle, maybe next time. Lots of others were there though, hundreds of cameras and tripods, so I am sure to see and enjoy other people's images.


I was using my Nikon camera, zoom and flash so I had a good range on what would make at least an acceptable picture under these conditions. No digital zoom on a DSLR, and I would warn against using anything other than an optical zoom if you want genuine quality in your final image.

I hope you are as optimistic as I am about the coming year and are looking forward to recording its events with your ever-ready camera.

Best wishes,

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment