Wednesday 25 January 2012

Colour isolation - tips for great photography

I have been asked by some brides whether I can do the 'colour isolation' or Sin City' effect on photographs. The simple answer is yes!


The key reason for doing it is that it focuses the attention of the viewer who then afterwards takes in the black and white context. Black and white images have their own power to simplify and focus attention. Coloured features, especially in the background, other than the main object sometimes being distracting.


I have also been isolating the whole person within an image. These are Photoshop techniques. I am not sure if it is possible in other online photo adjustment programs. If you have found a program that does it please comment and tell other readers.


Also feel free to comment on what you think about the technique too.


I have already been canvassing my facebook friends and fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment