Tuesday 20 March 2012

Great places to show off you images - tips for great photography

There are so many places to publish your pictures on the web.

I use a number myself starting with my own website. Being a professional photographer means I need to show case my work and have a way for people to contact me. At www.richardlinnett.com you will see examples of my paid images, although I regard myself as very fortunate that I have a job I love to do and earning a living from photographing people and places is a bonus!



Other places include Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardlinnett/ which has in the past been a great source of encouragement from a community of contacts interested in exchanging comments about images, seeking to help people as they improve their techniques. It is always good when someone comments positively especially if they add your picture to one of their galleries.



Within a social context I have also been building a fan page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RichardLinnett.photography. This has been particularly useful after photographing events like charity ball when people can quickly find me and make a contact to talk about images I have taken of them.



Recently I have also been putting together simple slide shows of my work for clients and publishing them, with permission, on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenLinnett31/videos. It is handy for clients to be able to quickly see the imagery and point friends and family to the relevant video on my channel. These slide show videos do not have to be complicated or over-elaborate, and I often think that 'less is more', allowing the pictures and the music to speak for themselves.



None of the sites mentioned above require more than an intuitive understanding of how to use a website and most are free to use for someone just starting. Try one of the sites out and see what response your work gets. Leave me a message and I will have a look at your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment