Thursday 15 March 2012

Print big! - tips for great photography

New printer has arrived but which picture to enlarge to A3? A lot of people print their images even as small as 4 by 6 inches. I would suggest you only print the very best of your images and when you do, print at least 7 by 5 inches, bigger is even better. You will be amazed at how good your picture looks 10 by 8 inches in size.

Eagle

It is always a joy to see images printed large! I can often say it almost takes my breath away when I see my images on display. Oona and I are going to sit down and choose some images for the house. It could be that we have ideas for wall space but no absolutely right picture for it. This could be an opportunity to get out

37,000 feet

Putting images up  in the studio is a little easier to decide upon although leaving enough blank space to show them off well will be the challenge. I recently bought some signing boards for weddings which take a 10 by 8 inch image with a very broad border. These look great and and links to another post about giving your pictures 'breathing space'. We also want to put some images up as canvases. I had a canvas order recently and the image looked so good we thought we should have some of our own.

Medina - Malta

Happy printing!

No comments:

Post a Comment